THE LAND GUIDELINES FOR STORIES AND ART — STEAL OUR STORIES!
We want our stories shared widely for free by other journalism organizations. We welcome and encourage you to republish our journalism. Please follow these rules. Questions? Email Lee Chilcote.
- Give us credit, ideally in this format: “By Jane Reporter, The Land.” Also credit any photos.
- If you publish online, include the links from the story, and a link to www.thelandcle.org.
- It’s fine to change the story to suit your in-house style (for example, using “Lawrence, Kan.” instead of “Lawrence.”)
- If you make changes that are more significant than style tweaks — such as adding a comment from a local official — you need to include a note like this: “Additional reporting by Joe Reporter.”
- You can publish our photos and graphics only with the stories with which they originally appeared. For any other uses, seek permission.
- When possible, include the following or at least the first line at the end of the story, with a link: The Land is a local news startup that reports on Cleveland’s neighborhoods and inner ring suburbs. We deliver in-depth stories that foster accountability, inform the community, and inspire people to take action.
- If you share the story on social media, please mention @LandofCLE (Twitter) and @TheLandofCLE (Instagram and Facebook).
- Don’t sell the story.
- Don’t sell ads against the story or place the story behind a paywall. Feel free, however, to publish it on a page surrounded by ads you’ve already sold.