The Land, a local news startup in Cleveland, Ohio, is seeking a part-time development manager to help us grow. The position is based in Cleveland, but can be done remotely from within Northeast Ohio. To apply, email a cover letter and resume to Lee Chilcote, [email protected]
Position: Part-time Development Manager
Estimated Hours: 15-20 per week
Reports to: Executive Director
Range: $30-35 per hour
The Development Manager will lead in creating and overseeing the implementation of a strategic approach to fundraising which may include sponsorships/underwriting, individual gifts, corporate donations, grant preparation and in-kind resources.
Although the position is largely remote, candidates should reside in Greater Cleveland / Northeast Ohio.
· In collaboration with the Executive Director, create and implement an annual development plan to increase revenue and support the strategic direction of the organization, including sponsorships, memberships and foundation grants.
· Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure that budget goals agreed upon by the board of directors are met.
· Identify, cultivate, and maintain ongoing relationships with individual donors.
· In collaboration with the Executive Director, manage all aspects of the membership campaign, annual campaign, other direct solicitations, and sponsorship cultivation.
· With help from volunteers and the Executive Director, maintain and regularly update the donor mailing list and database; periodically request new contacts from the board.
· In collaboration with the Executive Director, research, prepare and submit grant applications to foundation, government and corporate sources.
· Participate in meetings with program officers as requested by the Executive Director.
· Develop, communicate and maintain a development calendar, inclusive of all proposal and reporting deadlines. Support staff in completion of all reporting expectations.
· Work in tandem with Executive Director and writers/editors/interns to connect funding resources to program initiatives.
· Prepare and deliver development reports to the board as requested.
· 3-5 years demonstrated fund development experience.
· Strong communication skills, including superior writing, grammar, and storytelling.
· Attention to detail and commitment to meeting deadlines.
· Ability to build trust and rapport with internal and external resources.
· Commitment and passion for The Land.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Lee Chilcote, Editor of The Land, at [email protected]